Saturday, March 8, 2014

Pearsall's Silk - Experiment # 3 - Future Dollhouse Miniature Footstool Seat Cover


I am not giving up on figuring out the ways to use the Pearsall's silk I purchased last month. This time I moved on 49 count silk gauze. Since, as I've said before, this silk is thicker than DMC cotton floss, and 49 count of silk gauze is last count you can actually use DMC floss on, there was no sense to try the Pearsall's silk with tent stitch on 49 count.

Bargello! Sweet Bargello! Lovely Bargello!



I just love the way the silk covers the surface of silk gauze...


I have one more design to try for Bargello on 49 count silk gauze, so stay tuned!

Happy Sunday to all of you!

Natalia

Friday, March 7, 2014

Dollhouse Miniature Petit Point Savonnerie Rug - Work In Progress - 2


I finished a little cabochon in the medallion of the rug. It took me 3 and half hours of joy! Usually I don't count the hours that I spent stitching the rugs, but this one is exceptional!


I also wanted to show you the picture of how big this Savonnerie rug will be when it is finished. Impressive size, true?


I wish everyone one to have a great and creative weekend!

Natalia

Monday, March 3, 2014

Dollhouse Miniature Petit Point Savonnerie Rug - Work In Progress - 1


Today I start my new commission. This is a dollhouse miniature petit point Savonnerie rug. The size of the finished rug will be 11" x 13". I use 40 count silk gauze and DMC. Here is a sneak peek on a little start of a big project.


Wish me good luck!
Natalia

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pearsall's Silk Floss - Experiment # 2 - Future Dollhouse Miniature Needlepoint Frame


Before to jump experimenting on 49 count silk gauze with new Pearsall's silk floss I received last week, I decided to make another sample on 40 count. This time I used DMC cotton floss for the whole design (petals and the leaves of Pansies) and the Pearsall's silk floss for the background.


Now, let's see what the use of different threads let's do to the same design. Actually, instead of stems (that you can see on the first stitched sample) I added another leaf on the second sample.

First of all, I like the choice of DMC colors better. Don't you agree?


As you remember, in my last post I said that the Pearsall's silk floss is thicker than the DMC cotton floss. You can see it on this picture better:



However, the choice of DMC colors make the whole flower to pop up out of the whole picture.


The use of short and long stitches of 2 colors of Pearsall's silk floss (Old Gold and Golden Brown) gives a nice texture and emphasizes the colors of the Pansies.

Now I will spam you with the rest of the pictures, lol. Enjoy it.

The rows of the stitches on the flower remind me the tulip fields!



Hooray! Spring is coming!


By the way, this is the insert for the future dollhouse miniature needlepoint/tapestry frame.

Now, next experiment with the Pearsall's silk will be on 49 count silk gauze.

Natalia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 10 Members