Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dollhouse Miniature Antique Heriz Serapi rug is Completed.


Dollhouse Miniature Heriz Serapi rug in 1/12 scale is completed. It took me 378 total hours to finish the rug.

Heriz Serapi in 1/12 scale available for sale at my Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/listing/156678571/dollhouse-miniature-rug-heriz-serapi-112?

I want to say a BIG THANK to all of you who read my updating posts on the stitching process and left comments. Your support and nice words motivated me a lot and let me finish the rug in a short time of period (it could took more months actually). I appreciate all your time and all your private messages! Thank you very much!

Just to remind you, Heriz Serapi is stitched on 40 count silk gauze with fine Gloriana silk. It measures 5 3/4" x 8 1/4.


I've been thinking how to sign he rug. Since the edges are finished delicately and without any access of silk gauze, there is no way I can sign there. I decided to leave my initials in the top right corner NF (that stays for Natalia Frank). may be next time I will find better way to immortalize my name in my work.


And here are more pictures to enjoy. Please, don't forget to click on them to enlarge the image.


This is the front side of the rug


and this is the back side of the rug


The edges of the rug finished on the back side


Front side border






If you find the price of the rug is something that you can't afford at this moment, you always can stitch it by yourself and make it one of a kind by choosing different silk to work with. The design of this rug is available in pattern or kit at my new website www.dollhouseneedlepoint.com but it is absolutely different story, I mean a website, :)))

Have a great week!

Natalia

16 comments:

A. Wright said...

:o It's striking, my goodness I can't get over how neat the back is.

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you, April! It is the best compliment!

Isabel Ruiz said...

Es preciosa

Hannah said...

I can't understand how you can make such a nice backside! Mine are really messy!!! =)
Hannah

Drora's minimundo said...

It's simply a stunning piece of art, a heirloom.
Hugs, Drora

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you Isabel and Drora!

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Hannah, I am working on a Neat Backside Tutorial that will show you how to make nice backside of the rugs. I hope it will help you. Natalia

Dorien Litjes said...

Dear Natalia,
The back is almost the same as the front. I'm a little jealous. I wish I can do the same.
Hugs Dorien

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Dear Dorien,
I am sure you will do it, it takes a little bit of patience, :)))

elizabeth s said...

Hello Natalia! Your rug is SUPERB! You are a master when it comes to weaving your magic carpets in needlepoint. I can't get over the mirror image of the back and the front. I recall the first and only rug that I ever attempted and the back was a knotty lumpy mess. Yet I was so pleased to have finished the rug, but I never used it. I don't even know what happened to it. I probably gave it away, but I never would have achieved the high standards that you have shown here. I don't have the patience but I love that you do. Natalia, you have made a mini Masterpiece!

elizabeth

anisnofla said...

¡Olé, olé y olé! Me encanta. Un trabajo maravilloso.
Besitos

BiWuBär said...

This rug is stunning, the colours are fantastic. And I sit - once more - in awe... not only aobut the "little" time you needed (yes, the Turbo-needle stroke again) but especially about the backside. Wow, this is so neat and tidy!

Hugs
Birgit

Xandra Dekker said...

Complimenten voor je kunstwerk. Het ziet er prachtige uit je vloerkleed. Je hebt eer van je werk.

Groeten Xandra

Tessa Liduina said...

Natalia, I am in awe with your patience and skills in making such a beautiful tapistry. The design is lovely and you worked it out perfectly. You made a very precious miniature and you can be so proud of this achievement. Hugs, Liduina

miniacollection said...

This carpet is a real treasure. You're very talented and your work is amazing. I can see that from the back of the carpet that is as perfect as the front.
Geneviève

Sans! said...

My mind boggles and my eyes nearly jumped out of my sockets. Of course you must sign this piece.

The work is exquisite and you know, I swear I can feel how real the rug is. I can't wait to read your back tutorial :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...