Monday, January 30, 2012

Two Framed Needlepoint Pictures in 1/12th scale

As you have noticed from the previous post I haven't finished the background, I decided not to stitch it and leave it blank and framed it the way it is.

For backing I used a white piece of fabric. First I laid down a stitched piece on fabric to get the feeling
I got it, :))) I liked it

I used Wonder-Under paper to attach the stitched pieces to fabric. I cut a needed size of Under-Wonder paper, laid it down on my piece of fabric with paper up and ironed it.

Then I carefully took the paper off

After that I laid the stitched pieces down on the piece of fabric faces up

Covered with another piece of fabric and ironed it again.
Now, when my stitched pieces are attached to the piece of fabric I tried the frame centering the design

I cut out the desired size, attached the stitched pieces to the backing and then to the frame and here is the finished pieces:

19 comments:

Unknown said...

lovely, I think having the white background really shows up the flowers

SaMiRa73 said...

Wow! They look wonderful in these frames! Hugs, Sandra

Elga said...

They are gorgeous Natalia, the Victorians often left their backgrounds unstitched on silk gauze, love the frames too!!!

Eliana said...

They're so beautiful with frame!

Ilona said...

Lovely, Natalia. They look wonderful. I want to know what is Under-Wonder paper? You have explain it, but it's not clear to me. It sticks on your embrodery-work?? Is the paper you tear of a protectionesheet or ...?
Hugs,
Ilona

siete said...

que preciosidad de cuadros, felicidades

BiWuBär said...

I agree with Sandra, the frames are perfect for these designs. Wonderful work, one alone would be very pretty, but together they look even better!

Greetings
Birgit

Garden of Miniatures said...

A completely wonderful work!!! Jeannette

Maria Ireland said...

They are beautiful in their frames.
Hugs Maria

Cote said...

Te han quedado muy bonitos!!
Besitos

Ilona said...

I've placed a comment on your post, but can not see it back? I asked something about the use of the Under-Wonder paper?
By the way I've an other question to you, Natalia. I wanted to leave a comment on the blog of Ludmilla, but I can not read Russian. Does she have something else then blogspot, is it mail? How can I do that? I liked her work very much, but can not post a comment.
Have a nice day,
Ilona

Judith said...

I think you were right not to stitch the background. The design really stands out on the plain white. Beautiful! Judith x

Анна Гончарова said...

Прелестные корзиночки! какая красота!!!

Ascension said...

Has hecho unos preciosos cuadros, queda genial el fondo blanco y el marco negro, me encantan.
besitos ascension

Fabiola said...

Beautiful work.
Bye Faby

Patty said...

I can just see these hanging in a stately home!!! They are gorgeous!!

The Dangerous Mezzo said...

The white background is perfect -- it really sets off your beautiful work. Brava!

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you for your lovely comments! I am glad you liked the pictures.

Birgit, I agree with you, together those 2 pictures they make a composition and look fabulous on the wall.

Judith, I liked a lot the idea not to stitch the background!!! saves a lot of time! It can spoil me, :))))

Natalia

Melli Hobby said...

The pictueres are fantastic.
Wonderful work.
Greetings
Melanie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...