Sunday, August 7, 2011

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA DOLLHOUSE MINIATURES SHOW 2011 and OTHER

We finally made it home after attending Tom Bishop's Southern California Dollhouse Miniatures show in Anaheim. What a great show it was! It was my first show I attended as a dealer and I am very satisfied with the results, and experience, and fun we had. I met so many wonderful and great people among the dealers and customers. The show itself was very professionally organized that I have no doubts: I will attend it as a dealer again.
One of the great people I have met is a very talented young English lady, Caroline by name.
You can find her work on her blog:
http://pixiedustminiatures.blogspot.com/2011/08/fantastical-beasts-and-blog-to-know.html
and on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001224767426
She also has an Etsy store where she sells her wonderful minis:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PixieDustMiniatures

It was my pleasure to meet a very friendly, helpful and talented Jackie Caron, a dollmaker
and her dolls
Aren't they beautiful?

I was fascinated with the oil paintings by Gilbert Mena. Unfortunately he doesn't have a website and I didn't take too good picture to see his artwork closer.
I also met Sandra Davis who used to do petit point and she made those little bears that you can see on her palm
front side
back side

I also met a nice lady Debbie from Dragonfly International company for the first time, though I have been her on-line customer for ever.

We arrived to Anaheim 2 days before the show started and spent those 2 days guess where? You are correct, at Disneyland. It was our second time in Disneyland with the difference that this time we had the possibility to visit California Adventure park as well. I still can't believe that I was sold on to try the House of Terror where an elevator drops down and goes up and then goes down again. I am really tooo old for that kind of rides.
but I liked the interior design of that old hotel a lot
The Soundsational Parade in Disneyland park was fabulous as always with all characters, and costumes, and music

5 comments:

Elga said...

I am so glad you had a good time!!!!

Eliana said...

That unforgettable tour!
Hugs.

Garden of Miniatures said...

Thank you for sharing the photos,it must be a beautiful fair! Jeannette

Drora's minimundo said...

Oh! Oh! I wish I could be there but thank you for taking me along by showing these lovely photos. You must have had a great time. Hugs, Drora

cockerina said...

what beautiful experience, you've done, great photos! I love those little bears, petit point! and Doll, Dorothy, the movie The Wizard of Oz! Thank you for showing these pictures, I imagine the face of your little princess:))
kisses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...