Monday, July 9, 2012

Surviving in the heat!

Oh, my gosh! how incredibly hot was here today!

I went biking in the morning and did only 3 miles, forgot my water and couldn't handle the heat at all, and it was only 9.00 a.m. The rest of the day I didn't want to do anything. You know - each of us has that day, lol...

It means I haven't made any progress on my rooster pillow. Instead, I went through my old and new patterns and decided that I want to start stitching a new rug the pattern for which I charted based on the antique Kazak rug, end of the 18th century. The design is very simple, mainly consists of borders. The fact that I am planning to use over dyed silk excites me a lot - love the abrush effect.

I will use 49 count silk gauze and Gloriana silk. I have some of this silk in my stash and want to switch some colors, it means tomorrow I need to go to the local needlework store. Oh, by the way, this store has been only one decent private needlework store in our city and today I knew that it is closing. How sad! I am in trouble now...


Each Sunday I will show the progress on stitching this Kazak rug.

How was your weekend?

Natalia


4 comments:

Kirsi said...

Rug is going to be great I believe! I had a lovely weekwnd because we had guests, mom and daughter, who are interested in same things as I and Emma, my daughter. The things are of course cross stitching and dolls houses :) Have you already seen the pillow Emma designed and stitched her self? It is very pretty. In these two days we had visitors, Emma learned to cross stitch and read a chart!

contar said...

es un diseño precioso estoy deseando ver como lo realiza.
un abrazo

is a lovely design I can not wait to see how it performs.
a hug

BiWuBär said...

This rug is going to be fantastic, the pattern and the colours are very promising. So sad about your supplies store - sometimes it's good to see the things with your own eyes and not only via monitor...

Greetings
Birgit

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: in my town we are having bad weather. Not too hot these days and it rains often. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result of your creation. Keep in touch

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...