New 2013 Year Resolutions!
PROCRASTINATION IS OPPORTUNITY'S ASSASSIN
I do make resolutions, and I do make them each year, each month. Do I follow them? Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. Sometimes life can be unpredictable and what you plan to accomplish doesn’t always fit the current period of time. Anyway, it helps me to organize myself and keep my ideas and thoughts straight.
I should admit that the range of my interests has been expended widely. There are a lot of different skills appeared on the horizon that I would love to learn, and as a result to implement them in my new designs that are already ”boiling” in my mind. It comes to the miniature world and to the real life as well.
Plan game for 2013:
1. Buy a house. Yes, my friends, my sweetheart and I decided IT IS TIME! We have already stepped in the process of combined feelings and emotions of aggravation and sweet excitement. Decisions, decisions…
2. I am planning a trip next summer that is related to the miniatures. More about it later.
3. I would like to attend as a dealer at least 2 Dollhouse Miniature shows this year.
4. I have a lot of UFO projects that needs to be finished. Do I promise myself not to start a new one while the old is completed? Of course, NOT! Why should I limit myself with pleasure of excitement bringing a new idea to the life? But… I need to organize my time the way that each month I finish 1 UFO project + 1 new. It means I need to come to the end of 2013 year with 24 completed projects (whatever it comes to the miniatures or real life projects).
5. I joined the Crazy Quilt 2013 Challenge http://cqjp2013.blogspot.com/. Each month I have to finish 1 CQ block. I have already developed the idea, purchased all necessary supplies and ready to finish my first block. While I am working on my Crazy Quilt blocks, I am learning new stitches and it smoothly brings me to another 2013 resolution:
6. Develop my own Stitch Guide with samples of stitches for easy reference and use. I would love to have each family stitches developed each month. Can’t promise that, it is a lot of work, but will try my best.
7. I will keep working on already started course of Needletherapy in Miniatures Tutorials and develop at least 2-3 tutorials each month.
8. If you follow my blog, you remember I started a new one that is called New Me and devoted completely to my next 2013 resolution: to be more active physically. Last December I started to work on a new program Couch5K. I was on my Week 1 Day 2 and went to the local Fish Lake Tail for running. While I was on my next 90 seconds of jogging, suddenly I felt sharp pain in my right hip joints and couldn't complete the task. I was lucky my Sweetheart was with me. He helped me to limb to the car. Last 3 weeks I spent in the bed in pain. It explains my absence in the Blogger land and not posting on all my blogs. My apology to everyone whose e-mails were not answered in time.
Anyway, after some treatments, I am back, still with a little but adjustable pain and ready to keep working on my modified fitness plan. I don’t give up!
9. I want to learn sculpting the dolls! BADLY! Hopefully, to the end of the next 2013 year, I will sculpt at least 1 doll that I will be 100% satisfied!
What about you? Do you have something exciting to start this year?
Happy New January!
taking off to see a new house...