Monday, September 30, 2013

Дворянское Гнездо - Day 1


Last weekend I examined the house that I recently purchased from Craigslist. As you know Vanessa expropriated that house for her little simple needs and is ready for the renovations.

Many many years ago I came up with a thought that it is always easy to start the project from the beginning then to re-do something that has been already started by somebody. However, the fact that I didn't put any labor in building this house and a nice thought it cost me only $30 gives me a crazy idea to do whatever I want with it, any experiment and without any regrets.

After close look I found out that I am not impressed with the floor on the first level and I can't do anything about it - it is heavily covered with Shellak. If I try to remove the floor completely I, probably, will destroy the house.

These 2 stairs that came along with the house take a lot of space. Thanks heavens they are not attached, just like the walls on both levels. I love space and it gives me a chance to play with it.


I never liked these kind of bay windows. I have them in my real house and they irritate the heck out of me, I feel like I am in prison. I might want to do something with them (both, in mini and real size too, :)))


These windows should go away.


On a bright side, not everything is so negative! I am in love with the color of the shingles - light gold, the pictures don't give justice! But guess what, I will change it too.


The house is already electrified, I just need to add more tape in some rooms. The floor on the second level is not finished. I love hard wood!

I still love this house and want to turn it into the place where Vanessa can spend the rest of her life sharing her memories with us.

will be continued...


Natalia

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It has lots of potential, and for the price a steal! I am sure you will some up with some amazing changes and it will be great!

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you, Jane! I am ready for it, just need more hours to be added in a day!:)))

Mini Addictions said...

Can't wait to see the changes you make to it. BTW, did your daughter like the doll you made from the egg?
Hugs,
Lisa

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Hi Lisa. Yes, Nataly loved the doll and she turns it on when she goes to sleep. One thing that makes me upset - the turnaround table makes squicky noise and I need to replace it. I want to find a musical turntable. Mini hugs, Natalia

Kike said...

Hi Natalia, a hard work is awaiting for you. You have very clear ideas for the house.

I will pay attention to them

Hugs

Fabiola said...

I like your idea for this wonderful house.
I'm curious to se the progress.

BiWuBär said...

This is going to become a jewel... okay, sometimes you'll have to compromise for example with that shellack flour... on the other side - a very good reason to give one of your fantastic rugs a staring role... ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

elizabeth s said...

Hi Natalia! This is such a Steal! $30 and so much is already done! I know that there are challenges when you have to undo what is unacceptable but I find that those kinds of challenges can be very stimulating and even rewarding! You, with all of your considerable wood-working skills, will soon make this mini house a mini home!

elizabeth

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...