Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Perfectly Wasted Time and New Rug in Process


Last weekend I worked on the floor for my scene "Black Rose is a Symbol of Sadness, Red Rose is a Symbol of Love". I used the tiles that I bought from the craft store Michaels, and... I am not happy.


I wanted the floor to symbolize the broken relations and the impact they bring in a person's life, but this floor looks too shiny, too perfect for this project. More than that it looks more suitable for the bathroom, true? So, talking about wasting the time...

... and the last but not least is the progress of stitching of my new rug. I probably will be able to finish it at the end of this week.


By the way, how is your Monday?

Best regards,
Natalia

9 comments:

anisnofla said...

Seguro que la acabas pronto. Queda muy bonita.
Besitos

mcddiss said...

a mi me gusta mucho ese suelo, pero entiendo que no sea lo que tu buscas para esa escena , seguro que encontraras otra cosa , veo que la alfombra va muy bien

besitos

Mari

Victoria said...

I'd try polymer clay or air dry one with these tiles.
The rug is going to be gorgeous! Ugh, I wish I had more time for embroidery :(

Sans! said...

Your Monday is already my Tuesday :).

Did you just say you can finish that rug in 1 week??!! You constantly amaze me.

I think you can still use those tiles by distressing them. Or you can always build a bathroom ..teehee :)

Virginia isabel said...

La alfombra esta quedando maravillosa.
besujis!!!

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you for your nice comments!

Vika, this is what I am doing now, playing with the polymer clay for my tiles! he-he - безумие получается

Yap, Sans! Stitching crazy! The goal is to finish at the end of the week! I am happy to hear you picked up yours as well!

Happy stitching to all of you!

Natalia

Fabiola said...

I like the floor. Your rugs looks fabulous.
Bye Faby

BiWuBär said...

Don't worry, you can use these tiles for many other projects... and as I've read in the comments (brings some advantages dropping by at Tuesday... teehee...) you're already working on the solution. And I have no doubts that turbo-needle will manage to finish that rug this week... ;O)

Greetings
Birgit

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I really like your work with this rug .... We keep in touch.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...