Sunday, July 20, 2014

French Savonnerie Rug in 1/12th scale - Work in Progress


Today I would like to show you a stitching progress of one of my last commission - French Savonnerie in 1/12th scale. I use 40 count silk gauze and DMC floss.


It is just a little beginning of a big adventure


As much as I don't like working with DMC I love the choice of colors my customer picked for this rug



Now I am going to browse all your wonderful stories and beautiful work that I missed!

Mini hugs, Natalia

8 comments:

12Create said...

The colours in this rug are beautiful.

Catherine said...

This is going to be gorgeous. I love the colors.

Just curious about why you don't like DMC. In terms of cotton what do you prefer to stitch with?

I got my package today. THANK YOU!!!

elizabeth s said...

Hi Natalia! I think that the rug is going to look sensational. What you have started makes me curious to see the finish.
So far soooooo good!

elizabeth

The Old Maid said...

Awesome! Can't imagine how you make it! And can't wait to see more of your beautiful work!
Hugs

The grandmommy said...

That must be the prettiest rug I have ever seen big or small!

BiWuBär said...

What a lovely design with delicate colours. The close-ups show very well how many shades of colours you're using.

Hugs
Birgit

Ilona said...

Hi Natalia, it is good to hear from you :D!
Your commissioned work is progressing beautiful. I've always admired your 'high speed' in embroidering ;)! I also like the warm colors, which your customer chose.
Hugs, Ilona

Daydreamer said...

Natalia, Your stitching is so perfect and Beautiful! You have such patience and perseverance! Someday I am going to learn how to do the petit-point stitching!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...