Saturday, May 28, 2016

Dollhouse Miniature Petit Point Izmir Carpet

It is those last stitches that are always mundane, but a new project to start excites me a lot.

It is a whole ritual that takes a couple of hours for me: to prepare and frame a piece of silk gauze, to print out a pattern, to cut the silk floss.


This weekend I've started a new project, a commissioned miniature rug Izmir. This is a reproduction of an antique rug, 18th century.

I use 48 count silk gauze, Gloriana over dyed silk floss. The approximate size of the finished rug is 3" x 4". The updates on the stitching progress will be posted each Sunday. Here is update # 1


What are you working on?
Natalia

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful colors. I can't wait to see the entire design.

BiWuBär said...

Not working on a rug as delicate and beautiful as yours... but I comfort myself with the thought that you're Mrs. Turbo-Needle and I'm not... ;O) Happy stitching - the motif is awesome.

Hugs
Birgit

miniaturista said...

Me gusta la alfombra te va a quedar preciosa.
Un abrazo
Maite

Helen Louise Kemp said...

Your blog has inspired me to be brave and at long last do miniature embroidery and I'm really proud of myself . Many many thankyous

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Dear Helen,
You made my day today with your comment! I am very proud for your and happy that my blog has inspired you on trying miniature embroidery. Thank you very much, Natalia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 10 Members