Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Gift from Cheryl

There are a lot of wonderful people in this world. I was happy to meet one of those. Cheryl belongs to the Coeur-d-Allene Dollhouse Miniature Club. She is an amazing lady, miniature collector and a very interesting person. Couple weeks ago she gave me a mini lathe because she didn't use it and she thought that I might needed it. She was correct: I needed the lathe so badly!
I also purchased a book "Turning Miniatures in Wood" by John Sainsbury
and started to experiment with woodturning. It didn't work for me as good as I pictured it in my head. I decided I needed more than the lathe and the book, I needed somebody who would show me how actually to use the lathe and I signed up with 2 classes in Woodturning. The first class will be on the 23rd of May and I can't wait to learn because I started working on a table in 1:12 scale and the legs for this table should be turned. So, expect more posts about my adventure in Woodturning.

4 comments:

Elga said...

Once you get the hang of turning you are going to love it, what wood are you using? I recommend a hard wood with a fine closed grain like cherry. Enjoy the class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susi said...

Gran regalo, pero mas grande amiga.....es un regalo impresionante, espero con impaciencia ver que sale de tus manos, un gran beso.
Susi

Susi said...

Gran regalo, pero mas grande amiga.....es un regalo impresionante, espero con impaciencia ver que sale de tus manos, un gran beso.
Susi

Victoria said...

Maybe it didn't work because of the tools? I had the same problem till I bought Proxxon chisel set, they are very sharp, so the result was good.
Dremel lathe is great btw.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...