Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Castle - Work In Progress - Day 2 - Fireplace


While I am sanding the floor and applying finishing I decided to work on the fireplace in between.

I used a basecoat color Licorice to paint some parts of the fireplace to prepare for further marbleizing.


After that I a applied a coat of combination of 3 Acrylic colors 906 Summer Sky, 725 Tartan Green and White. Before to apply the veins I will let it dry properly.


So far, I like how the paint laid down


The hole that you see on the back is for a fireplace insert.

to be continued...

Natalia

7 comments:

Kike said...

Hi Natalia, this fireplace is fantastic. I expect it to be placed in the castle.

Let's see your next chapter for the castle

Minihugs!

mcddiss said...

me encanta como esta quedando


besitos

Mari

Dorien Litjes said...

Dear Natalia,
You're so productive. I still didn't find time to start embroider the carpet I bought.
The fireplace is amazing already. I can't wait to see it finished.
Hugs Dorien

Sans! said...

It looks convincingly like marble! And all you used was acrylic paint and not marbling pains?

Great job, Natalia!

BiWuBär said...

Wonderful job - looks stunning!

Hugs
Birgit

Drora's minimundo said...

The fireplace is beautiful. This is going to be a marvelous project to follow.
Hugs, Drora

Isabel Ruiz said...

Bonito trabajo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...