I must admit, I am not lucky with cameras at all! Last summer I sank my camera in the lake (not in purpose of course, :))) Bought a new one (was not very happy with it!) and broke it. It took me a couple of days to become an owner of a new camera. Who knows how many of them I will own in future!, but it explains why I didn't post pictures of the progress on my Castle.
So, back to the Castle.
The floor is finished, sanded and sealed, looks very beautiful and smells fresh. You asked me where I bought the marquetry kit for the floor. I found a website of a wood artist Christy Oates, whose artwork is in the permanent collection of the Smithsonian American Art Museum. She has a nice collection of marquetry kits that can be suitable for the flooring in 1/12 scale. Her website is www.digitalwood.com
As you have noticed, the fireplace is painted,
dragons and stands they are sitting on were highlighted with an antique gold.
However I haven't put white veins and didn't seal it yet. To give a marbleizing effect I used the acrylic paint and Faux Glazing Medium. I don't have marbleizing colors handy right now.
I finished painting all windows and doors
and did a little mock up to get a sense of how it will look like
This weekend I am planning to finish applying the paper clay on the inside walls. Here you can see the wall where the fireplace will go. Time to form the stones.
Talk to you soon and happy Sunday!