Monday, April 27, 2015

New Goldwork Bird Project Is Finished


The whole month of April we spend vacationing and cruising the country. We decided it was the best way to recover from all surgeries and health problems. What a fun it was!

We ended up our vacation in Burlingame, CA where I had my first workshop with RSN on the 19-20th of April - Goldwork Bird - designed and taught by Jacqui McDonald.

During the first day I was able to finish all padding. During the second day we started working with gold thread. Unfortunately I had to leave earlier, because it is a long way to drive to Washington state, and another wonderful class was waiting for me - Japanese Embroidery, but later about it...

Today I finished my Goldwork Bird. It is still stretched on the frame and this is how it looks like now. I haven't given a thought yet how to use the bird, may be I will just frame it.


Jacqui McDonald, who taught the class in goldwork, comes from a background in Conservation and Restoration, showed us 2 different types of padding that are used in Goldwork, a method of applying couched threads, and taught us how to apply Pearl Purl Outlines and Cutwork.


Natalia

10 comments:

contar said...

su pajaro es un trabajo maravilloso, me recuerda el trabajo de bordado en los mantos de las vírgenes de sevilla
un abrazo

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Es muy interesante, Contar. Muchas gracias! Abrazos, Natalia

miniaturista said...

Precioso
Un abrazo
Maite

Catherine said...

I have just found this post. I thought it was an online class. What a great opportunity. The results are just BEAUTIFUL! I love the design. You did a great job stitching it!

The grandmommy said...

So pretty! What are the measurements?

12Create said...

Your bird is beautiful. I love bird things and that is just exquisite. I imagine working with the threads used in goldwork would not be easy.

Ilona said...

Hi Natalia! It's good to hear that you've enjoyed your vacation with your family after all the issues you have had.
I'm glad you have had a good time at the classes for embroidery, it must be very special to be there....
Your golden bird looks awesome and precious, what a special way of embroidery work!
Hugs, Ilona

Pepper said...

Amazingly fine work. I love how the branch stands out =0)

BiWuBär said...

Great to hear you've had a wonderful April - finishing it with this gorgeous workshop. This goldwork stitching leads to stunning results - your bird looks beautiful and sure deserves being framed.

Hugs
Birgit

Sarah Sequins said...

You did such a lovely job on the bird! It's perfect. This must have been a fun class. <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...