Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Chinese Coins Miniature Quilt


Today I would like to show you another miniature quilt I've finished. The pattern is called Chinese Coins.


I used 6 different solid color fabric, total of 44 strips 1/4" each. For the background 6 different whites were used. I used machine piecing method this time.

I printed the grid with 1/4" squares on Velum paper


and jointed each strip together; Velum paper with printed grid helps to keep the stitching straight



After that I cut 9 strips


and played with them for a while


After that, using Velum paper, I added white strips in between


Then I cut off the sides and took the paper off the quilt


When my quilt top was ready (here you can see all white fabric pieces are different)


I put the quilt together and finished it.


The width of strips of the miniature Chinese Coins quilt is 1/4" each. However, next time I'll try to go smaller.

7 comments:

anisnofla said...

¡Precioso!
Besitos

Catherine said...

It looks like fun. I love the bright colors.

otterine said...

You make it look so easy! :D Lovely work!

BiWuBär said...

Beautiful - now you can put a cozy rainbow over a miniature bed... ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you very much, ladies! Happy New Year!

Isabel Ruiz said...

Preciosa!!!

iseecerulean said...

Gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...