Monday, December 28, 2015

First Attempt in Miniature Quilting


After visiting the Washington State Quilt show last October (see the previous post) I caught myself on a thought that I have to try making a quilt in miniature. I always admired the quilts in real life size and always thought this is something I personally just don't have any patience for, and I don't, it is true. I've never in my life finished any real size quilt and don't have any skills for it. However, the desire to try it in miniature was so big that I picked up some fabric, cut little paper squares and,


using paper piecing method, hand sewn all squares together.



My first miniature quilt is finished. It is out of scale, each square measures 1/2", but it was my practice piece and Hank admires it.


5 comments:

Catherine said...

Beautiful work Natalia. I love the design too.

I hope you got my thank you message in ETSY. I would hate to think you missed it. ;-(

Catherine XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Isabel Ruiz said...

Un fenomenal trabajo
¡Feliz Año Nuevo.

The grandmommy said...

I would love to make one. I even have the pieces. I have everything but the skills LOL!
Yours looks great!

BiWuBär said...

I admire everyone being patient enough to try this! *LOL* Wonderful work... and I agree with your furry darling - to me it looks just right! ;O)

Hugs
Birgit

iseecerulean said...

Good job! I keep thinking I'd like to try this, but I'm chicken.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...