Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stitchery-Witchery Project

Last Saturday I got my late Christmas gift from one of the members of our local dollhouse club. This is a shelf with some witchery stuff for my Stitchery-Witchery project.
In my opinion, it looks great, isn't it? There are 3 shelves. On the top a little mouse is sitting. I tried to make a close-up pictures of the mouse but it didn't work for me at all.




Anyway, for my Stitchery-Witchery project I will add more details later and I want to add a little bit of aging to the shelf itself.

I also finished braiding a rug today for the same project. The most annoying and boring part of making a braided rug for me is braiding itself and fun part is to make the rug. The colors that I picked up were bright and variegated,

but mixed together they gave me exactly that look that I've been looking for this project
The furniture has been done by me. The cupboard was put together from the McQueenie's kit and crackled. If you noticed there is a little gap between the back and the right side of the self. It has been done in purpose. You will see later why.

I cut the pieces of the rocking chair on scroll saw and aged it after putting it together.
I am still collecting the accessories for my Stitchery-Witchery project. I need to make a witch, Vanessa, but I am not good at making dolls. Anyway, I will try.

9 comments:

Cote said...

Esa estantería brujeril está genial!! Me encantó la alfombra.
Besitos

Ana said...

Great little things for your stitchery witchery project! and the carpet is perfect! Lovely colours!

BiWuBär said...

I bet you will be absolutely surprised... but I LOVE that witchy shelf (LOL) - and especially the skelly in the bowl. Maybe I will "borrow" this idea sometime for a future project. And your latest work was amazing as always - is there anything you can't do with a thread? That rug looks fantastic, and you did a great job with the furniture. You and scrollsaw, of course... ;O)

Greetings
Birgit

Fabiola said...

The shelf is fantastic.
Beautiful rug.
Bye Faby

Ascension said...

Me encanta ese mueble y los detallitos que lleva, quedara genial.
Un buen trabajo con la alfombra.
besitos ascension

Drora's minimundo said...

Congratulations for your gifts!
The pieces of furniture lookg beautiful, especially the rocking chair.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Piękne rzeczy! Bardzo mi się podobają. Uściski!

otterine said...

Great little cabinet. What is it about the mice not wanting their pictures taken? Happens to me all the time!

Sans! said...

If you don't tell me, I will never know that you are into witchery stuff too! :)

You can make rugs for any genre, can't you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...