Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Purchase - Books - Ideas for Miniature Bobbin Lace

One of my new resolutions for the 2012 year is to learn making Bobbin lace in Miniature (and in general). Last week I purchased 2 books by Roz Snowden "Miniature Bobbin Lace" and "New Ideas for Miniature Bobbin Lace". Today in the morning they arrived and I just can't not to share with you my excitement.

Both books are packed with projects, endless possibilities and detailed instructions. Here is only a few pictures of what you possibly can use the Bobbin lace for.
Bride's Dress

Firescreen, Pole screen, tea cozy, table cloth, pillows, curtains, etc...

... and many, many more other beautiful and delicate minis...

I will be busy for a while learning Bobbin Lace techniques (it still looks complicated for me), so don't expect to see the finished projects yet, :)))

13 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Wow I am impressed. I hope it isnt too hard to learn and perhaps you will share some of the knowledge with us. I tried to learn how to tat and I just dont have a knack for it. I am going to try my hand at needle tatting next, it looks easier than using the shuttle. I will keep people posted on my site. Cheers. LJ

Melli Hobby said...

The books look very intersting.
But for me it looks very complicated. I think I won´t try it. But Iam sure you will mange it.
Greetings
Melanie

Fabiola said...

These books are very interesting. For me the bobbin lace is complicated but I like mini and 1:1 things made with it.
Bye Faby

Elga said...

These books are on my wish list too, so I am looking forward to hear of your lace making adventures.

MelyGiunta said...

Sembrano molto interessanti!!!
Ottimo acquisto!!

Ilona said...

It seems very complicated to me, but I love bobbin lace very much. Nice books, I'll see the progress on your blog, Natalia?
Hugs, Ilona

Cote said...

Pues espero que disfrutes tus nuevo libros que aprendas a hacer muchas cosas y, que por supuesto, nos las enseñes!!
Besitos

BiWuBär said...

You're very brave - at least I think so because to me this always appeared very complicated, especially in miniature... But I have no doubt you will manage it easily and surprise us with beautiful results.

Greetings
Birgit

Eva said...

Una buena adquisición, me encantará ver esos nuevos trabajos. Un saludo, Eva

Ludmila said...

Наташа, поздравляю с приобретением! Уверена, что книги интересные и полезные. Особенно мне понравились веера на обложке :) Буду ждать результат твоих стараний.

Judith said...

Good luck with your lace making Natalia. I never tried bobbin lace - it looks far too complicated - but I'm totally addicted to needle lace. I have a book about making lace for dolls and most of that is patterns for bobbin lace so I've not made anything from it yet. I will do it one day! Judith x

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you for all your comments. It looks complicated and challenging for me too. Time will show, :))) Natalia

Crafter's Delights said...

That's a great new years resolution! Mine was to learn how to needlepoint and I've accomplished that! Good luck! xoxo, Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...