Friday, February 17, 2012

Embroidered Dolls

This week Nataly (my daughter) and I visited local bookstore. One of our findings was a book "Embroidered Dolls Collection" by Joan Watters. This is her new book on embroidered half doll pincushions.

There are 13 projects in the book with detailed instructions and patterns.
Just look at the pictures from this book. Don't you want to make one for yourself?

Miss Daisy Blue

Miss Tiffany

Miss hazel Violet

Lady Ainsley

Lady Darna

I do! That's why I started searching the Internet where I could possibly buy these half dolls.
I found this unique on-line store "Little People in Porcelain" that is owned by Robin and Fred Reed and located in Australia and their website is

www.littlepeopleinporcelain.com

They sent me the Catalog of the half dolls they have and I must tell you they have a pretty nice variety of dolls any sizes for affordable prices. I haven't ordered them yet, still trying to make my decision (tooooo much variety!)

More than that, even though I like the book a lot, I would like to use it only as inspiration and come up with my own dress for a doll. It will be a fun and challenging project!

12 comments:

Ludmila said...

Восхитительная красота! Они все прекрасны, что я даже немогу сказать, какая кукла мне больше нравится!

Drora's minimundo said...

Natalia, I have some half dolls. I bought them a few months ago. They were on sale, adorning a jewel box. Made of acrylic but very beautiful. I can send you a photo with measurement and if you wish, I'll send you one or two.
Hugs, Drora

Ilona said...

Hello Natalia, what a nice books you've found recently. I admire them and I want to thank you for sharing it with all blogworld-ladies ;)
About the half doll pincushion:you have inspired me and I keep on thinking how I work out a plan....!!
Thanks for leaving a comment.
Have a nice weekend, hugs, Ilona

Fabiola said...

These dolls are wonderful.
Bye Faby

Judith said...

These dolls look amazing Natalia! They can't really be pincushions though can they? They're far too pretty to stick pins in! Judith x

Ascension said...

Son unas preciosas muñecas y los vestidos alucinantes, seguro que consigues coger ideas y sacar tu propia diseño, animo.
besitos ascension

otterine said...

Beautiful! I am not much of a doll person but every once in awhile I find one I just love. Miss Tiffany is gorgeous! I think you would make a beautiful doll.

BiWuBär said...

This sounds very exciting - you're really in the mood for trying something "new", aren't you. I really can't wait to see your results - and the choice you made out of the big variety... ;O)

Greetings
Birgit

Melli Hobby said...

Wow. What a fantastic book.
The dolls are fantastic.
Greetings
Melanie

Melli Hobby said...

Wow. What a fantastic book.
The dolls are fantastic.
Greetings
Melanie

Ana said...

I love that dolls too ;)I hope I can do one in a future. Waiting to see your "inspiration dress"I´m sure it will be great!

Debs said...

These dolls are very special, I hope you enjoy making them.
Hugs
Debs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...