Sunday, January 19, 2014

Victoria Carriage - New Scroll saw Project


Four Days ago I started to work on a new scroll saw project - a Victoria carriage. The pattern is not very difficult but like everything requires consistency and patience. Each day I tried to cut out as much parts as possible balancing between real and miniature life. I used 2 different contrasting kinds of wood: walnut and white ash, 1/8" each.

These are results of 4 days of work:

Day 1 - It was very late but I was so excited and cut out a couple of simple pieces.


Day 2 - It was a very productive day! That day my hubby called me a NUT, finding me in the garage at 5.00 a.m. working on these parts, :)))


Day 3 - There was not too much of free time, but I managed to cut out back wheels


Day 4 - I have finished cutting out front wheels and some small pieces.


I used very fine blades trying to avoid too much of sanding after all, however you can't ignore this process completely, so I prepared these pieces for sanding:


Time for sanding and finishing the wood! It will take some time!

Happy weekend!

Natalia

14 comments:

Xisca said...

se ve hermoso el principio, cuando este acabado sera impresionante
Hugs

Unknown said...

Lately, every time I click on a new post from you, on the Blogger Dashboard, it brings me to your blog and it says that the post does not exist anymore. I then find your post anyway, just clicking Home on your blog...I hate Blogger!!! Anyway...I so love this carriage already!!! I can't wait to see it assembled and I can believe how many small details you had to cut through....super well done!!!

Mini Addictions said...

The detail in this project is amazing...and all of it with a scroll saw! I truly cannot wait to see it put together. Amazing job so far, Natalia!
Hugs,
Lisa

SusK said...

Hi Natalia,

I love your new scroll saw project! You do such beautifully intricate work and I can't wait to see how it looks when it is completed. You already have so much completed in such a short time. Wow!

Susan

12Create said...

Wow, your skill with a scroll saw is amazing. It is going to look fabulous. Can't wait to see the finished carriage.

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

Impressive that you can cut these delicate little things so exactly.
Hugs enjoy
Wyrna

Lili56 said...

Quel magnifique travail de précision, le résultat final va être splendide
amitiés, Lili

mcddiss said...

pues creo que has adelantado muchisimo, estoy deseando ver ese carro terminado , seguro que sera fantastico

besitos

Mari

Véronique said...

Amazing job! I cannot wait to see the finished result!!!
X
Véronique

BiWuBär said...

I can only say this again: This carriage is going to become stunning. You're a dream team, your scroll saw and you!

Hugs
Birgit

Pilar said...

Genial,que buenas manitas tienes,besitos

Marisa said...

I love what I see so far, that is a lot of detail work.

Hugs
Marisa

Isabel Ruiz said...

¡Qué buena pinta tiene eso! A ti no te parecerá muy difícil, pero yo lo veo complicado y hecho en un tiempo record

Elizabeth Braun said...

Hi Natalia! (Beautiful name!)

Thanks so much for subbing to my blog.=) I've only recently discovered miniatures and getting a dolls house isn't an option just now, but I hope to do some mini-textiles soon. Need to get on with prototyping...

Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...