Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How to Entertain Yourself

Last weekend I entertained myself by applying different ways of finishing on some pieces of furniture from a kit.
This candle stand was aged. First I applied acrylic brown paint, let it dry. Then I sanded a surface a little bit. After that I applied another acrylic Buttermilk paint on the top with a dry brush and wiped it with a cloth.
I crackled another candle stand using Blue acrylic paint as a primer color.
This settee will suite any Antique store, or attic, I guess. I stained it, sanded, and finished with Lemon oil. The idea was to give a look of an old, neglected but still in a good shape piece of furniture with a needlepointed seat cover
Actually it has been already sold.
This little toy wagon was crackled using Red acrylic paint as a primer color

4 comments:

anisnofla said...

Bonitos trabajos. Me encanta el banco, con ese asiento bordado.
Besitos

Fabiola said...

Beautiful works!
Bye Faby

Drora's minimundo said...

I like the way you painted the stand. Your work is always stunning.
Hugs

Maria Ireland said...

All your work is fantastic.
Hugs Maria

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 10 Members