Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Steeple Chuch - Work in Progress - Day 3 - Grain


The walls of the church that I prepared last time didn't convinced me. I decided to enhance the grain of the wood to bring it as close to the scale as possible. On the picture below you can see the difference between 2 walls. On the left side the wall BEFORE and on the right side - the wall AFTER I worked on the grain. Don't you agree this piece looks older? The look I am going for...


Close up of the non-sanded walls with enhanced grain


I used a soldering iron


and blades, that I purchased from Micro-Mark, to enhance the grain.


I also managed to cut out pieces for the door today


Hopefully, tomorrow I will have more free time to dedicate to the Church, :)))

Natalia

11 comments:

Daydreamer said...

Hi Natalia! Your Church project looks very Promising.... and the glimpses of the doors is positively Intriguing! I see you work the same way I do.... many projects at once so you can switch to a new one if you can't make up your mind about something on one of them! This way you work when the inspiration is strong... and don't just rush to get it "done"! I have to confess that your Church is making me want to make a Church! LOL!!! (And I have not even completed my paintings in my Chapel!) I eagerly await your Doors...!!!

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

I realize that it is necessary with proper tool, but even if you have that, it's still incomprehensible that you are able to make these small and delicate carvings. They are very beautiful.
If you want aged look, well then you're right, the after it must be.
Hugs
Wyrna

ISABELLE said...

Quelle chance de pouvoir manier la scie avec une telle facilité!! C'est superbe!!
Isabelle

12Create said...

I can't wait to see the doors. I love the design.

Dorien Litjes said...

Dear Natalia,
I love your doors!! They must be very difficult to make. So small and detailed.
Hugs Dorien

Mini Addictions said...

It looks so realistic. The detail in your carvings to age it are magnificent!
Hugs,
Lisa

BiWuBär said...

I have no problem to repeat myself... you're incredible! This is going to be absolutely stunning.

Hugs
Birgit

Phil said...

Very nice looking project Natalia, I like it!

Isabel Ruiz said...

El trabajo de las puerta es muy bueno. Lo del soldador me parece buena idea

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Hi Daydreamer! I am so glad to have MY own church and go there any time I want, :))) Isn't it a good idea? Can't wait to see your Chapel and finished paintings! Hugs, Natalia

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you everyone! Your comments make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...