Since last April when we moved to a new house, my workshop is located in the garage that makes it so uncomfortable for me to work - I like comfort. It is more unpleasant to work now, when it is so cold outside and the door of the garage preferably should be opened. So, last Friday, when I cut the main parts for the Church, spending just a couple of hours in the garage, I got cold.
No, seriously? How ridiculous is that? Cold knocked me down not just for the rest of the day, but for the whole Saturday as well. Somewhere in a midday, when I finally understood that I will not get rid off horrible headache, weakness and dizziness on my own just "meditating" and building plans on how I want to finish the walls of the church, I finally took a decision to take medicine. I stuffed myself with horribly tasted liquids and fell asleep. I woke up Sunday morning feeling much better and ready to work.
So, in spite of the fact that Saturday was wasted, I managed to finish the inside walls of the church.
The inside walls of the tower will simulate the wood finish. I use the birch plywood for the project and want to cut the lines simulating the planks of the wood. I took the walls and marked each 0.5" on them.
First I decided to cut the lines using my big saw,
but after trying to cut one line on the waste board, I understood it is out of the scale, the groove is too big...
Yes, I had to use a little table saw, hoping the pieces of the walls are not too big for it...
It worked pretty well, and I liked the result
I stained all 3 walls with Red Oak stain,
and did the same with the roof
I also applied some paper clay on the walls of the hall and they are drying now.
I put a base for the church together,
the walls look like this now.
You've noticed a piece of wood on the base. This is a back panel for the top of the tower. The stained side will go inside.
While I am waiting for the paper clay to dry, I probably will go to stitch.