Thursday, November 21, 2013

Steeple Church - Work in Progress - Day 4 - Door


Today I worked on the door and had a pleasure to spend some time installing the hinges, :))).

I added some laser cut ornate brackets to the inner side of the door


I also added 2 little angels and handles that were treated with a layer of Copper


and Blue Patina on the top


The door was stained with Red Oak stain


to match the walls


However, I am not sure I like how the door blends with the walls right now...

This is an outside look of the door


I started painting the walls inside the church and for now I have this look



Are you excited about coming Thanksgiving? I am! I love this family holiday! More than that I am about to announce a Thanksgiving Giveaway! So, keep in touch!

All the best,
Natalia

7 comments:

12Create said...

I love your door design and the stonework inside the church. It is going to have a feel of history.

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you, Sharee! I am going for it! Hugs, Natalia

Dorien Litjes said...

Dear Natalia,

What a great colors!! I love the handles and angels! They look very old this way. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs Dorien

BiWuBär said...

You're working miracles - perfect to the smallest detail. It's absolutely fascinating to follow this project. I only begin to wonder about the expression "Steeple Church". I thought so far this refers to the type of wood churches that are still excisting in Northern Europe, especially Norway. We have a rebuilt one in Germany, in Hahnenklee - I've visited it some time ago, absolutely beautiful. So I must admit the stone interior of your steeple church was new to me - I'm curious to see how this will continue.

Hugs
Birgit

Daydreamer said...

Your doors are Unique and Beautiful, Natalia! I am loving the all wood paneling of the interior.... it is not a common style in this area! I agree that your door might want some "definition" ... perhaps just a wooden frame surrounding it to emphasize the shape? This whole church is looking really Beautiful!!! It is making me want to build one too! LOl!!! I can't wait to see more!

Tessa Liduina said...

Fantastic work, Natalia! It all looks so convincing and real, well done. Thank you for showing how you stained the hinges and handles on the door. Hugs, Liduina

Ascension said...

Hola Natalaia
Que fantastico acabado, me encanta como te esta quedando.
besitos ascension

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...