Saturday, November 16, 2013

Steeple Church - Work in Progress - Day 1 - Base


I prefer to have a couple of projects to work with at the same time. Sometimes I stumble upon something and while I am trying to solve the issue, I still can work but on something different. While I am trying to figure out what I want to do with the ceiling and the second floor in the castle + doors, I started to prepare pieces for my new project. It will be The Steeple Church.

If you follow my another blog www.memyselfandscrollsaw.com, then you saw I prepared pieces to cut out using the scroll saw.

Today I cut out the main pieces of the structure: floor, walls, roof. I did a rough dry fit and here you can see the front of the future church


the sides


the roof and inside the church


I still need to do some corrections and will start cutting out more intricate parts for the windows and a door.

Have a great weekend!

Natalia

8 comments:

Drora's minimundo said...

Another great project which I'm sure will turn out to be fantastic.
I'll love following your work.
Hugs, Drora

Unknown said...

Its such a wonderful classic structure, old steeple churches always bring a great feel of history, looks great!

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

I also have always several projects running, for the same reason as you. Interesting project you have going in. I am look forward to seeing more.
Hugs
Wyrna

Isabel Ruiz said...

Es un proyecto muy interesante y según trabajas la madera estoy segura que quedará fenomenal. Seguiré su evolución

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you, ladies, for your nice comments! Have a great and productive weekend! Natalia

Mini Addictions said...

I too keep several projects going at once. This structure is turning out wonderful. You have such an eye for architecture and bringing your vision to life. Can't wait to see more of the project.
Hugs,
Lisa

The grandmommy said...

You are off to a great start! I know it will be remarkable when you put your final touches on it! :-)

BiWuBär said...

And I thought the things for the scrollsaw were dedicated to the castle - but instead of this... a new project. Hooray!

Hugs
Birgit

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...