Saturday, February 26, 2011

EXPERIMENT # 1 IS OVER

Today I put together my footstool using the piece I stitched with Trellis stitches.
1. For the foundation I picked up DMC Medica Wool Vanilla color, 1 strand, executed in the satin technique.
2. For the diagonal trellis I used 1 strand of red silk that were executed in the satin stitch as well.
3. For secondary trellis I used single strand of Crinkle (2 vertical rows separated by 4 vertical rows of Medica wool)
4. Intersections of both trellis were tied with 4 strands of Green Guterman Silk.
I used 40 count silk gauze for easy counting. I am very positive you can use fine silk. As for me, I don't like to draw on fabric.

3 comments:

Caseymini said...

Natalia, the needlework on the stool is beautiful! Great work. Love the colors.

Sans! said...

I just had to enlarge all your pictures to look at this incredible piece. I don't think I have ever seen this kind of trellis stitch done for a mini chair before. It is exquisite and sooooooooo pretty. Now mind you, it may not be comfortable sitting on the chair with just your bare bum , I can imagine you standing up with trellis pattern on youknowhere (teehee) but it sure is a darn gorgeous heirloom chair!

Oh, it is a footstool ! Don't have to worry then :):)

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Casey and Sans! , thank you.
Sans! Our "youknowwhere" needs massage too, hehehe...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...