Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Navajo Table Rug/Carpet/Cover

Here is another project. I finished it in 2 days. It takes me 6-8 hours (yes, a whole working day...) to complete a 1" - 1 1/4" pillow on 40 count silk gauze. The design like you see today takes a little bit longer. Only 3 months left till Chicago International show and I have to push myself to work harder. Luckily for me, I enjoy stitching and love to see how a new project is opening. What I don't like to do it is to put the finished item together. Hopefully, it won't take me too long to put all these pillows together and show them to you as a package with the Navajo rug. I think about duplicating some of the Navajo pillows I've done already, so it might take a little bit longer to display the completed idea.

I decided to make something different and stitched a table rug in Navajo style. I used 40 count silk gauze, The Silk Mill, but inside area of the medallion was stitched with the Gloriana over dyed silk.


I still have some room left on the canvas.


Hmmm, what possibly else can I stitch here?

What do you think?

10 comments:

Ludmila said...

Наталья, ковер прекрасный получился! Уверена, на выставке ты будешь иметь успех! А на оставшесмя месте очень хорошо поместятся подушечки :)

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Люда, подушечки, к сожалеию, по высоте не пройдут. Я думаю, может быть тапочки...

siete said...

menudo trabajo, esta quedando precioso, un saludo

Melli Hobby said...

It looks great.
Hope you´ll be sucessfull at the show in Chicago. Your work is wonderful.
Greetings
Melanie

Ascension said...

Es un precioso conjunto, son todas tan originales.
besitos ascension

Crafter's Delights said...

wow! two days?? Great job! Good luck for the next 3 months!

BiWuBär said...

This settles it - you're stitching faster than the speed of light! I've always known that... it would take me 6-8 weeks to stitch something like that... or even 6-8 months (teehee). Great designs, all of them - and lovely colours.

Greetings
Birgit

P.S.: And please don't worry about Flutterby and me, we're still the best of friends... He thinks things would go faster if he'd give me a helping paw, but hell freezes over before I would allow him to get near to acrylic paint... ;O)

MALINIK said...

Looks great!

ANDA said...

Beautiful rugs and much patience (and good eyes: D)!
Anda

Tere (teviro) said...

Me encantan todas, se ven tan modernas, ideales.Fantastico trabajo.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...