Saturday, June 30, 2012

Big Sky Dollhouse Miniatures Show, Great Falls, Montana

Last weekend I attended a Big Sky Dollhouse Miniatures show as a dealer. The show took place in Great Falls, Montana. It is a young show and the traffic was a little bit slow this year. Anyway, I wanted to thank Pamela and her team, who organised the show. We had fun, met some old and new friends, sold and purchased some minis.

Great Falls appeared to be a big and nice city with a very beautiful river and park.


I also wanted to say big thanks to Daphne and Jacky, 2 ladies from Idaho who are deadly devoted to the miniatures and stayed with us for 3 days while the show was on, taking classes and making their purchases.

One of the reasons why I love to attend the dollhouse miniatures shows is the possibility to meet new people, new customers, new dealers, and this time was not an exception for me.

I want to introduce you a new dollhouse miniatures furniture maker Gideon Wolf and his company Wild Wolf Miniatures. Here he is on the picture behind the table full of his little masterpieces. Don't forget to click on the images to see more details.


Gideon is a self-taught master and here you can see his work





some rustic furniture made from Montana cedar






Another artist that I had a pleasure to meet is Cecil Walborn. He does beautiful miniature turnings. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of himself, but you can see his charming wife representing Cecil's work on this image

This miniature vase was turned from the piece that contains 278 different pieces of different types of wood.

another example of his turning in miniature

Cecil is planning to give classes in turning this coming Fall. So, if you live in this area (Great Falls, Montana) or wish to learn how to turn in miniature, you can contact them using this e-mail cawwoodturning@msn.com

The dolls of Patsy Thomas (Patsy Thomas Porcelain Dolls) are affordable and reasonable with a huge range of characters!



She makes and sells naked dolls as well for you to dress them. I personally purchased a naked old lady for one of my room boxes.




There always was an exhibition of room boxes, scenes... Unfortunately, at the time I took the pictures there were no names to whom the pieces belonged to, so here are some of them for your inspiration:









... and many, many more...

I hope you enjoyed a little report from the Big Sky Dollhouse Miniatures show.

Have a great weekend,

Natalia

7 comments:

Kirsi said...

Thanks for the pictures! Wau! I wish I could also have been there :)

Sans! said...

Natalia, I have enjoyed hanging out at the how with you :). All the masterpieces are just mindblowing!

onbeingaminimum said...

Thank you for taking the time to share these wonderful photos. Absolutely love the furniture. I am drooling over all the fabulous cabinets.

Maria Ireland said...

Fantastic pictures thank you for sharing. Wow All the items are amazing.
Hugs Maria

BiWuBär said...

Thank you for this tour and the fantastic tour. Especially Mr. Wolf's work is stunning (I hurt my chin because it banged on my keyboard... ouch...).

Greetings
Birgit

Melli Hobby said...

Thanks for showing the fantasic pictures. The furniure is great.
Greetings
Melanie

Ascension said...

Muchas gracias por compartir.
Son unas fantasticas fotografias.
besitos ascension

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...