Saturday, March 16, 2013

Dollhouse Miniature "WELCOME" Punchneedle Rug

I always liked punchneedle rugs in miniature and finally decided to make one myself.



It took me a couple of hours in between of work at the office, housework, picking the kids up from the schools and cooking to finish it.



It was fast (can't even compare with petite point, lol...), easy and comfortable to work on this little rug, but... I didn't like the thickness of the finished piece and decided to shave it...



It didn't help to get rid of the feeling of over scaled rug but gave nicer touch to it and the pile of the rug looks more like it was knotted.



Anyway, what do you think, is the illusion of scale better than actual scale perfection.

Have a great weekend,

Natalia

14 comments:

PILAR6373 said...

Es muy bonita,me gusta mucho ese aspecto de "esponjosidad" !!!!
Besos.

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

I just see that it is super nice. Fine pattern and fine size. I do not really understand how you could shave your carpet without it fell apart?
As always a great job.
Hugs
Wyrna

Xandra Dekker said...

Prachtige en originele deurmat heb je gemaakt. Heel mooi.


Groeten Xandra

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you!
Wyrna, it is just doesn't fall apart,I used a weaver's cloth for punchneedle and it helps to secure the threads.

Judith said...

I think that your rug is so sweet Natalia. Such a change from your usual style but obviously very quick to make. I love it! Judith x

Fabiola said...

Wonderful!
Bye Faby

BiWuBär said...

Whatever the answer to your last question may be... *grin* - I think it's the result that counts. And as a result I see a lovely welcome mat!

Greetings
Birgit

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you Birgit, you always have the correct words to cheer me up, :)))

minwks said...

Natalia, You are amazing to fit that in between so many demands!
I like that you are experimenting.
Thanks for sharing.
Janine

minwks said...

103

maribel said...

Me encanta es precioso

Ascension said...

Es preciosa, seguro que cualquier invitado se sintira bien recibido.
besitos ascension

Ксаня said...

Здравствуйте Наталья! У нас появилась новая игра, будет приятно если вы поучаствуете в ней! заходите на мою страничку http://ksandra-tyfilka.blogspot.ru/

Ludmila said...

Наталья, я всегда с восторгом разглядываю твои работы! Они великолепны!!!
Хочу предложить поиграть в вопрос-ответ
http://myworldofmini.blogspot.com/2013/03/three-questions.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...