Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Dollhouse Miniature Petit Point Kazak Rug in 1/12th scale - Update


When an idea of stitching a miniature Kazak rug popped up in my head, the main goal was to concentrate on the border and make it as detailed as possible, and leave the center of the rug plain, actually, fill it up with an over dyed silk floss imitating an abrash that you can see in antique rugs. When I finished working on the border of the Kazak rug and reached the point of moving onto the center, a reasonable question raised in my head: Do I really want to spend/waste time monotonously filling up the field of the rug that measures almost 4" x 6"? No. NO! So, I came up with the design for the middle of the rug and started working on it. Here is a picture of stitching progress:


After a couple of days of working on it I realized I was running out of 2 colors. Our only one local needlework store was closed last year (it hurts me a lot), so I used E-bay to purchase Gloriana silk floss to finish my rug. While I am waiting for the silk floss to arrive, I decided to work on another project, but later about it...

Happy 1st of October!
Natalia

9 comments:

Ilona said...

Hi Natalia! This gorgeous rug is amazing work. It is such perfect work and so precisely done like all your work. I like the color scheme you use, it's beautiful. I hope the embroidery thread won't take long to reach you ;)!
Hugs, Ilona

Isabel Ruiz said...

Ya nos enseñarás el avance, pero de momento me parece que queda bien.

Daydreamer said...

Your rug looks beautiful, Natalia! I am glad you have designed the pattern for the middle part too! It is most often the part of the rug that is still visible when the room is furnished! The borders get covered by furniture. So now you will see a beautiful pattern over the whole rug! I look forward to seeing the rug finished... and now I wonder what other project you are working on!

Lindsey said...

This is just beautiful! All the details and stitches are so... tiny! :) Perfection in any dollhouse!

Catherine said...

I love you rug Natalia. It is a beautiful design and the colors are lovely. I can't wait to see how you have planned to finish the interior.

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you very much, ladies!

Ilona, I hope the silk floss will arrive fast too, there is no time to waste!

Ewa, actually I thought differently. I always thought it is a waste of an effort to have a beautiful rug on the floor and put tons of furniture on it, like dinning table and chairs around. It was a starting point when I started stitching this rug. I thought if to put a dinning table in the center of the rug, it will cover the field of the rug, so I don't need to stitch a design on it. At least the border will be shown around.

Thank you Lindsey and Izabel!

Catherine, I am not very excited about the design for the field. I hope it won't be too much of red. I don't want the center of the rug to look too busy since the borders have a lot of colors and details.

Hugs, Natalia

maribel said...

Otra de tus maravillosas creaciones que estoy deseando ver.

BiWuBär said...

Turbo needle is back - no doubt! ;O) I really love the shaded green for the middle part and I think adding some patterns there was a good decision... otherwise that would have been some endless stitching of green. This rug is going to become another masterpiece.

Hugs
Birgit

Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria" said...

Va a quedar preciosa! Un beso

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...