Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dollhouse Miniature NAVAJO BURNTWATER: 44,625 stitches were accomplished

WHAT A RELIEF! I've finished stitching my Navajo Burntwater rug today! 44,625 stitches!
I need to call it Burntbrain rug - this rug gave me a little bit of headache when it came to choosing the colors. I spent so far $100 on the silk thread (Gloriana silk is very expensive), trying to match the colors, but I think it was worth it. What do you think?

The rug was stitched on 40 count silk gauze, with Gloriana silk thread, 10 colors. It measures 4.5" x 6.5" (11 x 16 cm) and has 44,625 stitches. It took my one month to complete it.

More close-up pictures:

This is how the back side of the rug looks like:

I haven't blocked (stretched) the rug yet - that's why it still looks a little bit crooked, because there is still some silk gauze left that I can use probably for Navajo throw pillows. I will try to finish them this week and will let you know.

have a great day!

Best regards,

Natalia

18 comments:

rosanna said...

FA BU LOUS !!!!

otterine said...

*stands and applauds* Gorgeous! It's beautiful; the colors flow so well. And, the back is so neat, you could call this rug reversible! :D

The Old Maid said...

Beautiful work! Don't know where you got so much patience from.;)

Drora's minimundo said...

Wow! This rug is a masterpiece.
The colours are perfect. I love it.
Hugs

Ascension said...

Por fin la terminaste.....y te ha quedado fantastica.
Que maravilloso trabajo, enhorabuena.
besitos ascension

contar said...

pues la verdad es que a acertado en todo, los colores combinan a la perfección, y desde luego es un trabajo que no tiene precio.
un abrazo

because the truth is that accurate at all, the colors blend perfectly, and certainly is a job that is priceless.
a hug

BiWuBär said...

A masterpiece - and your choice of colours is fantastic. Harmony to the eye. I always admire your speed in stitching, but that back side left me breathless: So tidy and neat! Incredible!!! So very well done!

Greetings
Birgit

M Carmen Casanova said...

IMPRESIONANTE!!! Un gran trabajo.

Patty said...

It is so stunning and worth the effort that you have put into making it!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

Lataina said...

AMAZING!!! The colors are beautiful! =)

Garden of Miniatures said...

Stunning ! Jeannette

Ludmila said...

Я считаю, вышить такую красоту - ЭТО ПОДВИГ! Наташа, Вы герой! Я влюблена в Ваши вышивки.

FabShabbyRoses said...

OMG this is gorgeous! I wish you could give me lessons in needlecraft and patience! This is just so beautiful beyond words to describe! Congrats! Carolyn

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you everyone for your nice commenting on my newly finished projects. It gives motivation to start a new project. The update will be this coming Sunday!

Unknown said...

Fantastic work. You must be very patient.
Mona

Evelyne said...

Wow! Kudos! Excellent work!

Evelyne

Unknown said...

I do sooooooooo wish I had your talent and patience! God bless you.. Katie

Sans! said...

Came here specifically for something like this so that I will work on my stitching again :).

A beautiful piece , Natalia and I don't think there were too many colours at all. You have blended them really well.

The silk threads sound really expensive !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...