Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New Discovery - Pebeo Paint


I went to the Art Supply Store to look for the sable brushes but instead spent a lot of time in the Paint Department. I needed some paint for my Spring Fling 2013 project too and found on the shelves Pebeo Paint, Pebeo Fantasy Prisme, to be exact. Pebeo (www.pebeo.com) introduces fantasy prisme honeycomb effect colors for creating with magical effects. For my project I picked up Pebeo Fantasy Prisme Ash Blue and Fantasy Moon Ebony.

This paint can be used on most surfaces, glass, acetate, ceramic, wood, canvas, metal...



For an experiment I took a piece of cardboard and applied a layer of Fantasy Moon Ebony on the surface. It gave a very interesting design



and texture



After that I experimented on wood. I glued little strips of wood to the sides of the main piece of wood making the edges. When you use Fantasy Prisme paint you don't need a brush, you just pore the paint. Anyway, first I decided to apply Fantsy Moon Ebony on wood



Completely finished painting it and put aside for a complete dry.



After it was dry I pore Fantasy Prisme Ash Blue and filled up the space up to the top of the edges. Now I need to wait when this paint will dry, usually it takes up to 72 hours.

This is the effect I've reached so far by using the combination of 2 different paints.



and this piece will be used in my Spring Fling 2013 project:



Natalia

4 comments:

ginnysminis said...

what a fantastic effect....I do hope they sell these paints here in the U.K.
clever you finding this treasure xx

afairytalecometruewyrna said...

Exciting. Paint and painting technique is a whole science in itself. Thanks for showing.
Hugs
Wyrna

Contrastes-Rosa Mª said...

Lo mejor de esa pintura, que sirva para toda clase de superficies, gracias por compartirlo, besos:-)

BiWuBär said...

What a find - the effect is stunning. I'm only wondering how and where you're going to use it... I'm not curious... no, not me... I only want to know... *teehee*

Hugs
Birgit

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...