Monday, May 30, 2011

DOLLHOUSE MINIATURE RUG "KONYA". 1:12TH SCALE

Huraay! I have finished my Konya 15 minutes ago and decided to post the pictures tonight. I can't wait to hear what you think about it.

Konya carpets are named for the region in which they were made. Konya is a city in Central Anatolia in Turkey which was originally known as Iconium. Konya was the capital of Seljuks between 1071 and 1308. In 1292, Marco Polo was the first to make mention of the Konya carpets in writing when he called them the most beautiful in the world, according to Wikipedia. The design of the rug I stitched is very rare for Konya region.

My Konya was stitched on 40 count silk gauze with Gloriana silk. The size of the finished rug is 3.5" x 5.5". Next step will be blocking. I probably will do it tomorrow.

Front:

Back:

Process of stitching background:



Have a great Memorial Day!

5 comments:

Sans! said...

I think it is a masterpiece! Absolutely gorgeous, Natalia . I especially love the faded look you gave to the background with shaded threads (is that what you call those threads?) :)

Lotte said...

Congratulations! Great job! I love it.

BiWuBär said...

Congrats - what a lovely piece. It's beautiful! And you're really a turbo stitcher... ;O)

Greetings
Birgit

otterine said...

Beautiful! You've got me thinking I need to start another needlework project.

Victoria said...

The rug is very beautiful! I agree with Sans about shaded threads, and the back - wow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...