Sunday, July 29, 2012

Green Aubusson on Printed Canvas - Week 4 and OT

Here is my slow process on Green Aubusson.

I miss real size needlework a lot. Being busy with the commissions, preparations for the shows I didn't have any time for my own projects. I always wanted to try Crazy Quilt. I signed up for the on-line Sharon's class "Encrusted Crazy Quilting" that started on the 26th of July. I looked through my stash of fabric and found pieces that I wanted to put together in one block. Among them there was a table runner with nice texture, I cut a piece from it.



Here is how my first block ever looks like. It is 12" square and there are 12 pieces of fabric.


Last but not least I've managed to re-upholster the dinning chairs (real size, not miniatures) today. I like to make changes and arrangements in the house. This is the perfect time of the year to do it and make it another comfortable way to enjoy long winter.

This is how it looked before



This is how they look now. I like this way better.


This picture shows 4 but there are 6 of them:


By the way, do you like the rug an on the background. I am thinking about charting the design for 1/12th scale. I am sure it will be a beautiful rug for a dollhouse.

In between I tried to work on Vanessa's new shoes. It is a long long process, so to be continued....


Enjoy your weekend!

Natalia


8 comments:

Elga said...

The rug will look great in mini, I love your the chairs, they would look fantastic in miniature!

BiWuBär said...

Wow, you're busy as a bee. Eh... did I ever ask you if you go to bed sometimes... *grin*

Greetings
Birgit

dalesdreams said...

Yes, I agree, the rug will look great in mini. The chairs came out wonderfully. :)

I love crazy quilts! :)

Eva said...

Siempre tienes unos bonitos trabajos entre manos.
Las sillas además de ser preciosas les has puesto un tapizado muy bonito. Un saludo, Eva

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Elga, you need to see the table! Are you ready for a new challenge?

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Birgit, I suffer with insomnia, lol...

Natalia's Fine Needlework said...

Thank you for your comments!

Elga said...

Always!!! Would love to see the table.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...