Monday, July 30, 2012

Antique Kazak Rug - Week 4 and Crazy Quilt

I am working on the borders right now and want to finish them before to jump on the other element of the rug.


Yesterday I showed you my first block in Crazy quilt. Today in the morning I added a couple of more details to it and now it has this look. I like the colors a lot but was not really satisfied with the lines and way I pieced it. The block measures 12" square.


So I decided to make fast another block and picked up the colors I didn't care about. My main goal was to concentrate on the principle of piecing around a 5-sides block. Do you see the difference? I don't like the color combination in this block but pretty much satisfied with the way it has been pieced. This block measures 7" square.


Sop, now I have 2 block to work with and we will see how it will work out.

And last but not least, if you interested in the Historic Clothing, The Colonial Wiliamsburg has on-line exhibition that you don't want to miss. Even if you are not interested in the Historic Clothing, I think it is worth to look at it anyway and explore antique clothing and accessories from 1600-1860 in this new online exhibit..

http://www.history.org/history/museums/clothingexhibit/index.cfm


Have a great start for a new coming week!

Natalia

3 comments:

BiWuBär said...

Who knows, maybe this will be the new fashion trend - extreme-colour-blocking... ;O) Still so many stitches to stitch - you must be a very patient lady!

Greetings
Birgit

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I love the quilt colors. I also see you do a lot of progress in your work .... Keep in touch.

barbara r-g said...

thanks for stopping by and following my blog!! i had to stop by yours. i love miniatures. i also love to stitch on silk mesh and can't wait to see your rug!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...